Katie will be using these wonderful caps this month to increase your knitting knowledge yet again.
You choose your own cap from slouchy to traditional Balmoral Highland Bonnet to straight sided cap. She will start by discussing accurate head measurement but you must come to class with a swatch ready to go.
The purpose of this class is to teach you how to adjust a pattern, based on the yarn you want to use.
Using your swatch (which should be fabric you want, washed and blocked) Katie and Sue will help you design the hat of your choice.
- Two Color knitting
- Knitting in the round
- Accurate measurement of head
- Adjusting pattern for your yarn choice based on swatch
- Importance of accurate swatch
- Provisional Cast-On
- Built in I-Cord
- Knitted Hem
- Increasing and Multiple decreases
- Following a pattern
- Making a Toorie or I-Cord beret loop
- Yarn weights: Sport or Worsted
- Sport: Nature Spun approximately 75 grams for main color (dependent on shape you choose) and 3 (25 gram) balls of contrasting color.
- Worsted: Nature Spun or other – 100 grams of main color and 3 balls of contrasting color
- Sport: US 2 (2.75 mm) or size to obtain gauge of 7 st/in and needle one size smaller
- Worsted: TBD by gauge swatch and a needle one size smaller
- Removable markers, tapestry needle, crochet hook for optional Provisional Cast On
April * 11 & 25 * Tuesday * 1-3 PM * Katie & Sue * $40