March’s skill building module will be a densely knit mitt steeped in Estonian Tradition. Katies inspiration was a free pattern on Ravelry – Maja– fingerless mittens with roositude inlay pattern by Helen Wallin. The thumb gusset is unique in that it has increases on one side only. In addition, Katie added braids and alternative roositude motifs.
- Knitting in the round
- Roositude (Estonian color inlay technique – placing individual motifs while working in the round)
- Estonian 2 Color Braided Cast on – Kihnu Troi
- Garter Rib Non-traditional one sided thumb gusset
- Vikkel (lateral braid)
- Seed stitch rib for cuff
- braided 2 color bind off
Supplies (10% student discount given):
- 2.5 mm (US 1.5) DPN’s and 1 or 2, 2.5 mm (US 1.5) 24″ circular
- 4 skeins sport weight yarn in highly contrasting color: Preferred yarn is Nature Spun by Brown Sheep
Gauge will be 7.5 sts per inch meaning, a VERY firm fabric for the Roositude to work properly. These mitts should fit a medium sized woman’s hand.
Tuesday * March * 14 & 28 * 1-3 pm * Katie & Sue * $40
Discounts given for returning students